The history of Ala-ud-Din Academy, Girls High School (ALDA) can be traced from 1901, when, a small informal school was set up by the women of Mian family for imparting education to the girls of Baghbanpura, Lahore. Now, over a century later, the school is one of the oldest and largest private institution in Baghbanpura, Lahore, Pakistan. It caters to the educational needs of students from kindergarten to the secondary level. Following are some of the historical highlights of the school:
- Rizwana Jalees was appointed as the Principal of the School.
- Computer Technology Center (CTC) was established to promote the use of Information Technology. Rehan Siddiqui was appointed as Director of the Center.
- Study Center was established to help students improve their academics in specific subjects.
- Zarina Shamim Scholarships Program was initiated